● West Virginia lawyer incomes rank 36th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $98,270 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in West Virginia.
● West Virginia has 25 federal court houses and 6 state and municipal courts.
● West Virginia GDP of $79 billions in 2018 ranks 1st with a 0.4% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in West Virginia generated $1.5 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.27% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in West Virginia totalled $297.08 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 29th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 240 lawyers took the bar exam and with 155 passing the exam, a pass rate of 64.58%.
● West Virginia is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages