● Virginia lawyer incomes rank 36th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $98,270 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Virginia.
● Virginia has 36 federal court houses and 7 state and municipal courts.
● Virginia GDP of $544 billion in 2018 ranks 13th with a 2.6% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Virginia generated $8.0 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 1.43% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Virginia totalled $694.87 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 15th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 1,226 lawyers took the bar exam and with 811 passing the exam, a pass rate of 66.15%.
● Virginia is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on total damages in medical malpractice cases.