● Utah lawyer incomes rank 24th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $113,550 in 2018, approximately 2.5 times the average income of all workers in Utah.
● Utah has 6 federal court houses and 8 state and municipal courts.
● Utah GDP of $180 billion in 2018 ranks 47th with a 0.9% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Utah generated $3.0 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.54% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Utah totalled $236.6 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 36th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 397 lawyers took the bar exam and with 302 passing the exam, a pass rate of 76.07%.
● Utah is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages