● Texas lawyer incomes rank 1st in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $143,490 in 2018, approximately 3.0 times the average income of all workers in Texas.
● Texas has 107 federal court houses and 7 state and municipal courts.
● Texas GDP of $1,818 billion in 2018 ranks 2nd with a 8.7% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Texas generated $40.9 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 7.34% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Texas totalled $945.92 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 10th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 4,208 lawyers took the bar exam and with 2,730 passing the exam, a pass rate of 64.88%.
● Texas is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages