● Tennessee lawyer incomes rank 5th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $125,530 in 2018, approximately 3.0 times the average income of all workers in Tennessee.
● Tennessee has 30 federal court houses and 13 state and municipal courts.
● Tennessee GDP of $373 billion in 2018 ranks 18th with a 1.8% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Tennessee generated $9.6 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 1.72% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Tennessee totalled $454.76 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 21st in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 1,068 lawyers took the bar exam and with 644 passing the exam, a pass rate of 60.30%.
● Tennessee is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages