● South Dakota lawyer incomes rank 41st in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $96,580 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in South Dakota.
● South Dakota has 18 federal court houses and 7 state and municipal courts.
● South Dakota GDP of $52 billion in 2018 ranks 49th with a 0.3% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in South Dakota generated $1.3 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.23% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in South Dakota totalled $60.19 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 49th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 115 lawyers took the bar exam and with 67 passing the exam, a pass rate of 58.26%.
● South Dakota is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages