● South Carolina lawyer incomes rank 26th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $109,250 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in South Carolina.
● South Carolina has 17 federal court houses and 9 state and municipal courts.
● South Carolina GDP of $234 billion in 2018 ranks 26th with a 1.1% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in South Carolina generated $5 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.90% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in South Carolina totalled $364.85 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 26th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 682 lawyers took the bar exam and with 445 passing the exam, a pass rate of 65.25%.
● South Carolina is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages