● Rhode Island lawyer incomes rank 21st in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $129,100 in 2018, approximately 2.5 times the average income of all workers in Rhode Island.
● Rhode Island has 4 federal court houses and 8 state and municipal courts.
● Rhode Island GDP of $61 billion in 2018 ranks 46th with a 0.3% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Rhode Island generated $2.9 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.52% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Rhode Island totalled $243.42 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 32nd in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 165 lawyers took the bar exam and with 95 passing the exam, a pass rate of 57.58%.
● Rhode Island is 1 of 20 states that has no cap on non-economic damages