● North Carolina lawyer incomes rank 13th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $123,940 in 2018, approximately 3.0 times the average income of all workers in North Carolina.
● North Carolina has 44 federal court houses and 8 state and municipal courts.
● North Carolina GDP of $575 billion in 2018 ranks 12th with a 2.5% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in North Carolina generated $9.9 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 1.78% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in North Carolina totalled $461.11 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 20th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 1,639 lawyers took the bar exam and with 858 passing the exam, a pass rate of 52.35%.
● North Carolina is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages