● New Mexico lawyer incomes rank 48th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $91,430 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in New Mexico.
● New Mexico has 13 federal court houses and 9 state and municipal courts.
● New Mexico GDP of $101.4 billion in 2018 ranks 38th with a 0.5% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in New Mexico generated $100 million of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.29% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in New Mexico totalled $329.16 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 27th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 308 lawyers took the bar exam and with 237 passing the exam, a pass rate of 76.95%.
● New Mexico is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on total damages in medical malpractice cases.