● Nebraska lawyer incomes rank 34th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $106,460 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Nebraska.
● Nebraska has 8 federal court houses and 8 state and municipal courts.
● Nebraska GDP of $124 billion in 2018 ranks 36th with a 0.6% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Nebraska generated $8.1 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 4.85% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Nebraska totalled $135.3 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 43rd in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 217 lawyers took the bar exam and with 161 passing the exam, a pass rate of 74.19%.
● Nebraska is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on total damages in medical malpractice cases.