● Mississippi lawyer incomes rank 33rd in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $103,180 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Mississippi.
● Mississippi has 20 federal court houses and 10 state and municipal courts.
● Mississippi GDP of $115 billion in 2018 ranks 37th with a 0.6% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Mississippi generated $2.2 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.39% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Mississippi totalled $181.3 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 40th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 262 lawyers took the bar exam and with 137 passing the exam, a pass rate of 52.29%.
● Mississippi is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages