● Massachusetts lawyer incomes rank 9th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $152,990 in 2018, approximately 3.0 times the average income of all workers in Massachusetts.
● Massachusetts has 15 federal court houses and 16 state and municipal courts.
● Massachusetts GDP of $575 billion in 2018 ranks 11th with a 2.8% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Massachusetts generated $16.7 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 3% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Massachusetts totalled $1,612.2 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 7th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 1,872 lawyers took the bar exam and with 1,197 passing the exam, a pass rate of 63.94%.
● Massachusetts is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages