● Maryland lawyer incomes rank 3rd in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $121,530 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Maryland.
● Maryland has 9 federal court houses and 10 state and municipal courts.
● Maryland GDP of $417 billion in 2018 ranks 15th with a 2% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Maryland generated $9.4 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 1.69% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Maryland totalled $993.11 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 9th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 1605 lawyers took the bar exam and with 888 passing the exam, a pass rate of 55.33%.
● Maryland is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages