● Maine lawyer incomes rank 47th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $99260 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Maine.
● Maine has 8 federal court houses and 7 state and municipal courts.
● Maine GDP of $65 billion in 2018 ranks 45th with a 0.3% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Maine generated $2 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.36% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Maine totalled $196.18 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 39th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 160 lawyers took the bar exam and with 101 passing the exam, a pass rate of 63.13%.
● Maine is 1 of 20 states that has no cap on non-economic damages