● Louisiana lawyer incomes rank 3rd in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $111,240 in 2018, approximately 2.5 times the average income of all workers in Louisiana.
● Louisiana has 28 federal court houses and 10 state and municipal courts.
● Louisiana GDP of $255 billion in 2018 ranks 24th with a 1.2% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Louisiana generated $5.1 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.91% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Louisiana totalled $605.48 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 19th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 815 lawyers took the bar exam and with 558 passing the exam, a pass rate of 68.47%.
● Louisiana is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on total damages in medical malpractice cases.