● Iowa lawyer incomes rank 37th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $106,820 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Iowa.
● Iowa has 21 federal court houses and 5 state and municipal courts.
● Iowa GDP of $192.6 billion in 2018 ranks 30th with a 0.9% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Iowa generated $19.3 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 3.46% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Iowa totalled $241 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 33rd in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 260 lawyers took the bar exam and with 204 passing the exam, a pass rate of 78.46%.
● Iowa is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages