● Illinois lawyer incomes rank 23nd in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $125,920 in 2018, approximately 2.5 times the average income of all workers in Illinois.
● Illinois has 33 federal court houses and 8 state and municipal courts.
● Illinois GDP of $879.9 billion in 2018 ranks 5th with a 4.2% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Illinois generated $38.8 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 6.96% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Illinois totalled $2,291 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 6th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 2,740 lawyers took the bar exam and with 1,885 passing the exam, a pass rate of 68.80%.
● Illinois is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages