● Hawaii lawyer incomes rank 50th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $104,180 in 2018, approximately 1.7 times the average income of all workers in Hawaii.
● Hawaii has 9 federal court houses and 7 state and municipal courts.
● Hawaii GDP of $93.4 billion in 2018 ranks 40th with a 0.4% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Hawaii generated $1.6 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.29% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Hawaii totalled $140 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 42nd in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 274 lawyers took the bar exam and with 185 passing the exam, a pass rate of 67.52%.
● Hawaii is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages