● District of Columbia has 16 federal court houses and 4 state and municipal courts.
● District of Columbia GDP of $355.3 billion in 2018 ranks 34th with a 0.7% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in District of Columbia generated $1.7 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.30% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in District of Columbia totalled $121 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 44th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 1,606 lawyers took the bar exam and with 1,031 passing the exam, a pass rate of 64.20%.
● District of Columbia is 1 of 20 states that has no cap on non-economic damages