● California lawyer incomes rank 3rd in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $163,020 in 2018, approximately 3.0 times the average income of all workers in California.
● California has 84 federal court houses and 9 state and municipal courts.
● California GDP of $3.0 trillion in 2018 ranks 1st with a 14.5% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in California generated $35.7 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 6.4% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in California totalled $2,453 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 5th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 12,985 lawyers took the bar exam and with 5,768 passing the exam, a pass rate of 44.42%.
● California is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages