● Alabama lawyer incomes rank 12th in the U.S. with an average lawyer annual compensation of $114,820 in 2018, approximately 2.0 times the average income of all workers in Alabama.
● Alabama has 30 federal court houses and 7 state and municipal courts.
● Alabama GDP of $224.6 billion in 2018 ranks 27th with a 1.1% share of total U.S. GDP.
● Insurance companies in Alabama generated $4.3 billion of revenue in 2017, approximately 0.77% of total U.S. revenue.
● Total payments for victims of medical malpractice in Alabama totalled $273 million between 2008 and 2019, ranking it 30th in the nation for medical malpractice payments.
● In 2018, 766 lawyers took the bar exam and with 397 passing the exam, a pass rate of 51.83%.
● Alabama is 1 of 24 states that has a cap on non-economic damages